Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Did you get the idea what I am talking about?

It has been awhile since my last post. I have been busy running my family a.k.a 'CEO of my family'. What a CEO? If you thought me, lacks of leadership and management experience, let me share it with you something. Being a father and a husband, is like running a small company. In other word, you have to 'govern' your family members (bottom line, operations, planning, etc). It can contributes to headache and hypertension. However, in order to minimise the effect, I always consider it as 'Challenging and Stimulating'. Kind of my 'Transformation Vocabulary'.

Headache - Challenging
Hypertension - Stimulating

Recently, I was in KL where I accidently met an old friend of mine. He gained weight, from 65kg to 89kg. Kind of 'Marriage Transformation'. Surprising enough for me, the weight issue always related for me and my old friend when we met. He asked, 'You didn't gain any weight after marriage, what's your secret? 'I love my family', that was my short answered. 'Please elaborate', he asked again (kind of headhunter or manager follow-up question during an interview for job promotion :P). 'Well, the bigger my waistline, the higher the risk for me to get diabetes, coronory attack etc. I don't want to spend my time at the hospital or regularly meeting with the medical practitioner. Regularly visit to the medical practitioner means 'expenditure' and I don't want to bring pain to my family', I answered his question again.

'You are right, but it is difficult to reduce weight but it is easy to gain weight', he smiled. I replied,' Well, it depends on you personal motivation. As for me, my motivation is that 10 years from now I want to be, at my children's wedding, in a good shape and without health support devices. So,  I eliminate all the excuses and I take actions - I exercise regularly plus I stay away from negative people'.

p/s Did you get the idea what I am talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment