Monday, December 19, 2011

My Birthday Gift ---- Worth My Time

I find it amazing that I can be 35 years old and seem to know less every day. No matter how much you learn, it just continues to open up more substantial questions and relationships.
A relative of mine gave me a new handphone for my birthday. And to her surprised, I refused to accept the gift. I said:"I just want a book for my birthday. Perhap you could buy me or order me this book for me. The title is - An Engineer's Alphabet: Gleanings from the Softer Side of a Profession from Henry Petroski.
Why do you think I can't accept her gift? Handphone? Well, I like reading books. Worth my time.
Handphone, for me it just a tool. Book .. well book is knowledge and knowledge is vital. Reading book is like reading the writer's mind, values and philosophy. By the way, book never lies :P

No comments:

Post a Comment